Thursday, November 22, 2012

Enamel class tomorrow:) copper tonight

So looking forward to two whole days in Sally Laings lovely workshop learning and playing and being creative!
I've just been sorting through my scrap metal drawers (in their old library catalogue home) to see what bits and pieces might come in handy in addition to what is supplied. I packed a bunch of different sized copper tubing and wire, silver tubing and I FINALLY cut into the old copper toilet cistern which has been sitting under my torch bench for months. I cut out one end of the box shape, the end which has holes for the toilet handle, but I don't know if I can bring myself to cut that peice up any further because I really just love the look of it as it is, kinda makes me want to just put the whole chunk up on the mantel piece and admire the beautiful patina!
I love the green colour on what was the inside even more, the water line from years and years of water and the bits where the holes are,


I just love the thing as a piece of art without doing anything to it, seems a pity to cut it up or put coloured enamels over it, much as I like to recycle I think I'll just use new material instead of ruining this. There are three corner brackets from it which are obviously crying out to be made into something though, only for enamel if it will improve what they are now though

Also got a couple of rainbow stripe beads which didn't really come out as well as I wanted

And lastly a pic of my lazy pretty girls soaking up the sun.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your Pinterest boards, but was disappointed not to find any pics of the rainbow stripe beads. Great design! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    PS. Thanks for following the new glass museum's pinboards on Pinterst. If you're interested, you can join an international discussion about glass through our LinkedIn group "Glass Collecting." Check it out at http://www.linkedin.com by selecting "Groups" in the search box to the upper right of the LinkedIn page and typing in "Glass Collecting."

    Best,
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirk
    Thanks for the appreciation, I really enjoy your pinterest boards too, you obviously truly love all kinds of glass. I will check out the group too.
    cheers
    kristan

    ReplyDelete